Bedding for horses Lectum 6.3K
An eco-friendly alternative to wood sawdust and shavings! The animal bedding for breeding animals Lectum 6.3K is a product intended especially for horses that suffer from respiratory infections, skin allergies and fibula decay. It is also recommended to all breeders who want to keep stables hygienic, save time and storage space.
- High hygiene – Lectum animal bedding is produced from selected cereal straw (mostly wheat straw). It is thermally processed to the temperature above 90oC. Due to this process, it contains only traces of mould and very few microorganisms. Heat treatment in a high temperature causes that the colour of the bedding is slightly darker, but the most important is the safety of horses! absorbency
- Higher absorbency prevents from soaking and forming crust. To give an example: 100kg sawdust absorbs about 180kg of water, wheat straw (cut) about 250kg of water and Lectum at least 370kg of water. The high absorbency is achieved due to straw extrusion, which changes its structure so that the water is absorbed through the ends of long fibers rather than their whole surface. Softness and resilience – prevents the animals from injuries.
- Lack of dust – dust triggers respiratory infections. Lectum is dedusted during its production and shredding, which minimizes the risk of respiratory infections in animals.
Advantages of Lectum 6.3K
- the product is easy to distribute – saves your time,
- the most absorbent bedding on the market (up to 370%),
- no straw storage costs,
- natural and eco-friendly product, no additives and binders,
- does not contain harmful phenol,
- horse manure composted on Lectum is a perfect fertilizer which does not cause soil acidification which happens in case of sawdust.
How to use horse bedding Lectum 6.3K
Lectum 6.3K becomes a soft and resilient bedding straight after its application. Due to Lectum 6.3K your animals are kept as hygienic as possible, it reduces ammonia smell, it’s time efficient when distributing and decreases your workload. The applied amount of Lectum 6.6 depends on individual technology of breeding and intended use. The average use is 10-14kg per m2. It’s not recommended to pour water on Lectum, as it loses its properties.
Ingredients, storage & transportation
Selected high quality straw, (sourced from local farms), free from contamination and moisture. Natural organic acids authorised for use in feed.
The finished product is available in non-airtight paper or plastic 20kg bags, 450kg and 1000kg BigBag bags and loose, loaded directly into trucks from silos or low-rise store.
The product must be stored and transported in dry conditions, prevented from soaking and contamination, especially by fungi or mould, in a cool place.